Architectural Designers are responsible for both interior and exterior designing of a building or a structure
Architectural Designer- A Career Worth to Pursue
Who are Architectural Designers?
The Architectural designers are those who design the layout, plan and construct a structure or a building. Sometimes they also design artistic and functional features on the request of the clients. They are completely responsible for the efficient factoring of a construction. However, the working area is not only restricted to this. They also do several other duties and the scope for work in this field is broad and interesting.
Duties of architectural designers
- They primarily meet the clients and sort their design requirements. Because they are responsible for both interior and exterior designing of a building or a structure, therefore they need to take care of all the necessities of the clients.
- They also determine the cost involved and are responsible to draw an estimate on the project. They are also responsible to get the estimate of the working period required for the project completion purpose.
- They are also responsible for supervising the sub designing works done by the workers
- Needs to supervise the site from time to time to keep a note on the work progress and also see if the construction is being done in accordance with the design prepared.
- They are also responsible for certain marketing works related to their field and make presentations on them as well.
- Sometimes they are also required to prepare and handle the contract with the client as well as with the workers.
How to become an architectural designer?
There are primarily three steps to follow to become an architectural designer:
- Grab a degree. This is the primary thing that you require doing when you want to be an architectural designer. Get yourself registered to some institution teaching architectural designing and then complete the course.
- As a part of your course you should go and do a paid internship with some firm. It is important to go for a paid internship so that you can earn some certificate of experience that will help you in the future for a bright career. Most of the big named companies hire that architectural designer who has a good number of paid internships done and has a good experience.
- The most important step to become a designer is to pass the registration examination. Just like a doctor or a lawyer who needs to get them registered, similarly, an architectural designer also requires registration and this can be done once you pass the examination.
A quick view on the scope of employment and salary in the profession
In general, the salary of an architectural designer ranges somewhere between the five-digit salary and even up to a six-digit salary in term of Indian rupees. The salary scope is huge and largely depends on the type of student that you are and the number of paid internships or the amount of experience that you have. It is hence, important that while you are on your course make sure that you do a lot of projects and internships and keep your scores good.
There is a sharp increase in the employment numbers in the recent past. It is therefore, expected that the numbers will increase more in the near future. Although one do not require a license to be an architectural designer, it will be only required once you want to become a professional architect. The procedure to get a license can take a time as long as a decade, therefore join some firm and get a long digit salary and once you get your license, then be the self-employed designer that you wanted to be.