How To Wear Different Types of Cufflinks
A lot of people are quite intimidated by cufflinks since they don’t know how to wear them properly. So even if they know how to put on a pair of whale back and bullet back cufflinks, they may find it hard to put on a pair of fixed bar and chain cufflinks style.
With that in mind, we have gathered some helpful tips on how to properly put on some of the most popular varieties of cufflinks, so you can buy and wear them with confidence.
It is probably the most common type of cufflinks out there today, but it’s not because it’s the most elegant-looking of them all— it’s simply because it is the least expensive to make.
One disadvantage of this type of cufflink is that you can actually see the back portion of the design and it’s not as decorative as the front. The only reason why most men wear cufflinks is that they want to look good, and cufflinks can definitely boost the style and elegance of your outfits.
How to wear bullet-back cufflinks:
– First, twist the back portion of the cufflink and slide it through the first two holes.
– Next, turn your cuff around and push the cufflink all the way through the rest of the holes.
– Lastly, lock it in place by twisting the back portion once again.
Pretty easy, right? You can clearly do this without exerting much effort.
Fixed Bar Cufflinks
This one has no mechanisms whatsoever, which is why it’s called fixed bar. It also has decorative elements on both sides, which makes it the favourite of most stylish men. Some even consider it easier to wear than the whale back and bullet back. The designs for fixed bar cufflinks are also exquisite, decorative, and there are no moving parts so it won’t easily break.
How to wear fixed bar cufflinks:
– Hold the big end of the cufflink while pushing it through the buttonholes. Achieve that by holding the cufflink in between your thumb and index finger, while placing your two middle fingers underneath the shirt cuff and just push it through. Very easy.
It would be better to do one buttonhole at a time, as this technique can be quite complicated and confusing especially for beginners. Don’t worry though, once you have done it a couple of times; you’ll surely get the hang of it.
This type of cufflinks was prevalent during the early 1930’s. It has decorative elements on both ends, but wearing them can be quite a challenge, and you will need a little more skill.
How to wear Chain Cufflinks:
– Take one end of the cufflink, hold it tight with your thumb and slide it through the first buttonhole.
– Then, pull through the entire chain and do the same with the next buttonhole. For easier application, do one buttonhole at a time.
– Once you’re done with the first two holes, turn your cuff around and just repeat the same process.
Like mentioned a while ago, it can be a little tricky, so you’ll need a lot of practice to get it right.
Double-Sided Enamel Cufflinks
They usually function the same as the chain cufflinks, but the size of both ends are identical. Now, these are even more complicated to put on because of the size; some of them are octagonal, some are round, some are hexagonal, and some are oval shaped which is probably the trickiest one to wear.
How to wear double-sided enamel cufflinks:
– Firmly hold one side and slide it through the first buttonhole. You can also insert it through two buttonholes at once, depending on your skill and the size of the buttonholes.
– After that, hold it from the other side and pull the cufflink through. If you’re having a hard time, just do one buttonhole at a time.
– Lastly, pull the cufflink through and just repeat the same process.
Wearing this type of cufflink can be tricky at times because of the size and roundness of the design, but you just have to be patient and do it all again if you fail the first time.
If you want to have a pair of cufflinks that you can easily wear on a casual day, there’s always the option of Novelty cufflinks. These designs are more laid-back, so you can wear them without looking too formal or out of place. Whichever cufflink style you prefer, be sure to get whatever suits you best.
We want cufflinks to get the attention they deserve which is where Cufflinks Gift Hub got created. We take personalization to a new level and offer unique men’ accessories that only we can provide. We take customer satisfaction seriously as we know the little things we do make all the difference.