Some Tips for Kitchen Renovating and Mistakes to Avoid
If your household is like most modern ones, the kitchen is probably not just a place where meals are prepared and eaten. While some people like to work on their kitchen table or counter, for others it is the socializing spot for family and friends. It is due to the different purposes served by kitchens that you must think seriously about kitchen renovations.
Expert Tips for Stunning Kitchen Remodelling
- Pay Attention to Lighting: Kitchens that were designed decades ago are most likely to have out-dated lamps and lighting connections. You can now renovate the space to light up the better by purchasing and installing creative lamps or you can even add windows for natural light.
- Choose the Flooring Carefully: The floor of the kitchen must be stain proof as the space is likely to suffer from frequent spills and food accidents. It is recommended that dark coloured flooring is chosen so that stains are not clearly visible.
- The Kitchen Work Triangle: The three most used spaces in your kitchen are the sink, the stove and the fridge. This is known as the work triangle in the kitchen. Make sure that the path connecting the three is free of hurdles and they are placed in respective distance to each other.
- Think Functionality: It is important that your kitchen renovations plan must have aesthetic features in order to make the space look inviting. But, this is not the only important consideration. The appliances together must contribute to a functional space so that the place is easy to work in.
- Ideal Cabinet Design: The cabinets in your kitchen are one of the most important attractions. These must look good and have ample space for your kitchen items. The wall cabinets must go all the way up to the ceiling. If there is any space between the roof of the cabinet and ceiling, it will start gathering dust and debris and then it becomes tough to keep clean.
Common Kitchen Renovation Mistakes to Avoid
- Forgetting About the Details: Usually, while getting the kitchen remodelled, you think about the big things like the cabinets and the countertops. However, we forget to pay attention to adding details such as hidden paper towel roll beneath the counter or a lazy Susan on the table. Make sure you focus on little aspects as well, as they contribute in the overall result.
- Compromising on Counter Space: You might want to add several new appliances to your new kitchen but make sure that you keep enough counter space free. This will turn out to be helpful later. You can add shelves and other free corners to expand counter space.
- Straying from the Budget: One of the most common mistakes committed by people when carrying out kitchen renovations is either not agreeing on a budget beforehand or not sticking to it later. Make sure that you have an approximate budget and stay close to it.
- Losing Track of the Purpose: There might be some things on your mind when you start a kitchen remodelling project. Make sure that you stay true to your intentions. For example, if the main purpose of the renovations was to expand closet space and get better lightening, make sure that they are included in the final plan.
- Not Considering It as An Upgrade: There are many people who consider renovations to the kitchen as an expense and not as an upgrade. A new kitchen will not only enhance the look of your home and make cooking an enjoyable experience, but it will also improve the overall value of your house. This will in turn help you if you are planning to sell your house in a few years.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can ensure that your new kitchens become the focal point of the entire house. Both your family as well as guests will not be able to stop marvelling over it!