Indian Fashion Guide for Wearing the Elegant Sari
The sari originated from India and is now a global fashion phenomenon. It is regarded as the traditional dress of Indian culture and is available in a wide variety of styles. The length of the main item in the outfit is typically more and wearing a sari becomes easier with practice.
The sari looks great on everyone and is definitely among the fashionable clothing that every stylish woman should have in her closet. It consists of a lot of material, typically silk or cotton and is worn by wrapping it around your body. A sari outfit is considered incomplete without some special jewelry. Ready made saris are available and are easy to wear.
Wearing a Sari
Begin by wrapping the pleated parts around the waist. The waist area of the skirt has a pair of strings that are tied together to keep the skirt in place. The part that contains the pleats should be situated at the front and in the middle.
The fabric that remains should be draped from the waist to the left shoulder. It drops down from this point with the decorated part appearing above the bust area. Ready made saris have the advantage of already being decorated.
Sandals and heels go well with saris and may be golden or silver. You can get adventurous with other footwear options, such as boots or peep-toe heels if you want an extra chic look. Anklets are popular accessories that are worn above the shoes.
A set of at least five dazzling traditional bangles and bracelets on each wrist and an ornate necklace make a good combination. Large matching earrings add a stylish touch to the rest of the outfit. View Indian clothes online here.
Hair and Makeup
Ensure that your hair is properly styled and held back. A bindi on the forehead that matches your outfit will brighten your face and overall appearance. Wear makeup and avoid shades that will draw attention from your outfit. Apply eyeliner that will enhance the appearance of your eyes.
- Saris look fabulous with matching shoes and a tank top underneath your sari offers extra support. The decorated part or pallu should be draped over the left shoulder while falling elegantly over your back.
- There are numerous ways that you can use to drape a sari and you are only limited by your imagination. If you are wearing a sari for the first time, choose a fabric that you can easily drape.
- Pleats may be at the front in a central position or beginning in the front and ending up on one side, preferably the left side.
- Since the arms are exposed, bangles are a highly recommended accessory for a sari outfit.
- Saris should never be worn with casual shoes such as sneakers.
- Pleats can be attached to the petticoat that you are wearing below with a few safety pins.
- A sari should always be long because short saris are not considered to be stylish or elegant. The sari may be slightly longer at the back than it is at the front.
- The simpler the sari is, the more accessories you will need and vice versa.
Monica has been a freelance writer and fashion blogger for almost 5 years. She describes herself as a friendly, social and outgoing person who is always willing to learn more. To find out more about Indian clothes online, please visit the site.