Wedding Fashion 101: Choosing His and Her Wedding Jewelry
Every bride knows that the choice of jewelry can make or break a day.
Therefore, it is important that you make the right choice when choosing wedding jewelry not just for the bride but for the groom as well.
Gone are the days when jewelry was only known to be a woman’s thing. Men are gradually embracing the warmth and sense of style that comes from wearing jewelry.
However with the market filled with all kinds and types of jewelry, finding the perfect pieces for a wedding can be tiring. Read on for a complete guide on what to consider when choosing wedding jewelry for both the bride and groom.
- Consider personal taste and preference – weddings or not, a touch of individualism is very important when picking a woman’s jewelry pieces. Every woman wants jewelry that reflects on her interests and her unique sense of style. And just like it is for brides, it is also important to consider the groom’s personal taste and unique sense of style. Therefore, if you are a man buying wedding jewelry for your partner, ask yourself this question ‘does your choice reflect his or her personality?
- Consider Durability – for a good choice of jewelry, durability is not negotiable. Both you and your partner deserve wedding jewelry that is strong enough to last for years and years. Therefore whether its men’s wedding bands or women’s wedding rings you are choosing from, go for heavy, timeless and durable metals like gold, sterling silver or platinum.
- Price is Key – with the ever growing economy, it is only fair that you buy what you can afford. Sticking to your budget doesn’t mean that you have lost your sense of style. Therefore, to ensure that you get the right pieces of jewelry without draining your account, visit different jewelers and compare the price ranges. By so doing, you just might find a fair price tag for your preferred choice of jewelry.
- Get the correct size – no one wants to end up with a wedding ring that is too tight or too loose. Therefore, before visiting your jeweler, ensure that you have the right ring measurements for you and your partner. Apart from rings, ensure that you have the right size for his cufflinks and studs, her earrings and her necklace is any.
When choosing the above mentioned wedding jewelry, do not go for too small or too big. Jewelry that is too small might go unnoticed. On the other hand, jewelry that is too big can clash with your outfit, your body type and leave you looking ridiculous. Jewelry that is too big can also over power your outfit and completely throw off your entire look.
- Lastly, consider the wedding theme – for a formal wedding you should have a completely different choice of jewelry from an informal setting. For example cufflinks and studs are a perfect choice for formal wedding themes though you can do without if you are having an informal wedding.
David Wicks is a professional wedding stylist. For 2 years, David has been helping local brides and groom pick their jewelry. For information on choosing men’s wedding bands and other wedding jewelry, visit his blog.