Innovative Swimwear – Tankini
The trends in fashion extend to swimwear too. This is especially true when one talks about swimwear for women. Makers and designers of swim wear are constantly trying out new things and this has resulted in:
- A wider range of choices for women.
- Fabulously designed swimwear for every body type.
- Bold and unique designs and combinations too.
For instance, the rise in popularity of Tankini swimwear has caused quite a revolution in this area and women everywhere are following this trend to make quite a splash, literally and figuratively, in the pool.
What are your options?
Swimwear is a rather complex dress to try out. Women are aware that their flaws will be visible rather easily. But equally importantly, a well-chosen swimming costume can be a thing of beauty and flattering to the wearer as well.
This is why there are plenty of choices here:
- One-piece suit.
- Triangle swimwear.
- Shorts and even skirts and so on.
But here is why you should look at tankinis in real earnest.
The tankini marries some great factors together:
- Covers up and shows off.
- Can be a single piece or two pieces.
- Can be worn for almost any type of aquatic activity.
- Integrates features such as underwired bras and so on.
Plenty of choice
The tankini draws its design inspiration from a tank top. However, swim wear designers have taken this to unbelievably gorgeous lengths. So you can now choose from:
- High-neck and low neck variants.
- Spaghetti straps and broad straps and strapless options too.
- Colors, patterns, fabrics and fits.
- Mix and match if you are choosing different tops and bottoms.
- Different lengths of tops.
- Frills, embellishments and cuts and so on.
If you truly want to explore the versatility of the tankini – go online. Browse the websites of different sellers of swim wear and you will see such a juicy array of tankini swim costumes. Find out more about the following to get your perfect tankini ensemble:
- Size guide.
Why is it so popular?
Tankini swimsuits have stormed into popularity because they offer a woman the chance to cover up a bit more than the average bikini. Some of the body ‘flaws’ that a tankini covers are:
- Small bustline.
- Flabby or less-toned abs.
- Large hips – when you choose a tankini with frilled edges.
Most importantly perhaps, they are perfect for women who do not want too much of their body to be exposed to the public eye. Of course given the flexibility of the tankini – you can choose one that is tight or loose depending on your comfort level.
For instance, if you choose a camisole top with spaghetti straps then you would be turning your tankini into a camkini! You can also go with a more comfortable fit and more coverage than a camisole kind of a top. An empire waist, for example is something that goes perfectly with a tankini suit. You can choose to go with combinations – bold colors for the top and a solid color for the bottom wear.